The Meetings and Events Hong Kong has announced the launch of its improved My Hong Kong Guide app. Redesigned with improved features to help visitors plan their holidays and discover Hong Kong from a local perspective.
The app is available free from the App Store and Google Play, and offers the functionailities of five apps in one.
New features include:
- Itinerary Planners: Visitors can choose from a preset neighbourhood guide – such as Old Town Central or the lesser known Sham Shui Po – or customise their own itinerary to suit their tastes
- Nearby Recommendations: The app will offer information on nearby attractions, events, restaurants and bars to help visitors change their itinerary on a whim. The navigation function will plot point-to-point directions between attractions as well as what to see along the way
- Live Chat: While on the go, the new Live Chat feature will allow visitors to communicate with the HKTB visitor centre team in real time
- Additional Resourses: Downloadable MTR map (Hong Kong’s underground transport system), guides and other digital brochures are available to use offline
- Promotional Offers: Visitors will be able to access accommodation, shopping and attraction discounts
Dawn Page, director of the UK and Northern Europe, Meetings and Events Hong Kong commented, “The new version of the My Hong Kong Guide app has been designed to help travellers get under the skin of the city, regardless of whether you’re a first time visitor or if you know our city well – there’s always something new to discover in Hong Kong.
“It offers visitors the chance to uncover different aspects of the area they are exploring while travelling between attractions that they might not find in the guidebooks, like a traditional tea shop, a bakery favoured by locals, or a hidden bar tucked away in a side street, adding a more authentic element to their holiday.”
The My Hong Kong Guide can be downloaded from: http://www.discoverhongkong.com/uk/plan-your-trip/travel-kit/mobile-apps.jsp
Um unsere Ausgaben herunterzuladen benötigen Sie ein Benutzerkonto. Falls Sie noch keines besitzen, können Sie sich hier registrieren.